MAWS provides information only. If you are in danger call 911. If you or someone you know is being abused, call the confidential 24/7 provincial toll-free crisis line at: 1-877-977-0007
MAWS is looking for a self-motivated individual with solid experience in n conducting needs assessments and facilitating problem-solving, decision-making and planning processes. This project will build on a recent domestic violence needs assessment and explore the detailed service pathways and service capacity within each region. It will support collaborative cross-sectoral planning for transformation of DV sector services across the province.
Please email your application to by Aug 9, 2019.
Position: Part time contract – Project Specialist – Planning
Location: Working from your home, extensive travel throughout the province is required.
Start date: ASAP
This project ends March 31, 2023. Applicants must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Applicants should have experience or knowledge of the field of domestic/family violence in Manitoba.
Experience and Responsibilities
• Previous experience developing and implementing needs assessment processes including surveys, focus groups, etc.
• Experience in analyzing data, drawing conclusions, making recommendations and report writing,
• Proven ability to work from a cultural safety perspective,
• Skilled in facilitating planning and problem-solving in community engagement processes
• Previous experience working with indigenous groups is an asset,
• Experience or knowledge of the field of domestic and family violence within Manitoba,
• Ability to work within a budget,
• Ability to travel extensively throughout Manitoba,
• Ability to work within deadlines and submit reports in a timely fashion.