MAWS provides information only. If you are in danger call 911. If you or someone you know is being abused, call the confidential 24/7 provincial toll-free crisis line at: 1-877-977-0007
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with solid experience in board governance for a contract position that will involve but is not limited to:
• assessing & reporting on current board needs and processes;
• developing a best practice board governance training package that addresses governance structures, roles and responsibilities; a strategic planning process and current best practice/emerging practice materials and trend information affecting the DV sector; and
• delivering training to shelter and DV organizations across the province
Please email your application to email@example.com by Aug 9, 2019.
Position: Part time contract – Project Specialist – Governance
Location: Working from your home, extensive travel throughout the province is required.
Start date: ASAP
This project end March 31, 2023. Applicants must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Applicants should have experience or knowledge of the field of domestic/family violence in Manitoba.
Experience and Responsibilities
Previous experience in the following areas is required:
• Assessing needs through surveys and interviews and developing reports from the gathered data,
• Developing training materials,
• Conducting/facilitating interactive, experiential training sessions and meetings,
• Knowledge of the field of domestic and family violence within Manitoba,
• Previous experience working with indigenous groups is an asset,
The applicant must be able to:
• Work within a budget,
• Travel extensively throughout Manitoba,
• Work within deadlines and submit reports in a timely fashion.