MAWS provides information only. If you are in danger call 911. If you or someone you know is being abused, call the confidential 24/7 provincial toll-free crisis line at: 1-877-977-0007
MANITOBA ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN’S SHELTERS IS LOOKING TO HIRE A CONTRACTOR
If you are a self-motivated individual with extensive experience in project management, developing and facilitating focus groups, report writing please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm July 2, 2019 along with wage/contract expectations.
Position: Part time contract – Project Manager
Location: Working from your home, extensive travel throughout the province is required.
Start date: ASAP
This position will oversee a 4 year project working under the direction of the board of directors of MAWS. Applicants must have the ability to take a basic outline and create a Workplan and timeline that can be implemented with pre-determined outcomes. Applicants must have solid experience working within the field of domestic/family violence in Manitoba.
The position will work directly with the Project Advisory Committee and the Provincial Coordinator under the direction of the MAWS Board of Directors.
Experience and Responsibilities
• Previous experience working within a federal grant outline to develop a detailed Workplan, responsibilities, timeline completion schedule and a risk management plan,
• Necessary skills to implement and complete the Workplan successfully with minimal supervision
• Experience in developing, recruiting and conducting/facilitating focus group type meetings with upper tier stakeholders throughout the province
• Previous experience working with indigenous groups
• Extensive report writing experience
• Demonstrated experience working in the field of domestic and family violence within Manitoba
• Demonstrated experience speaking to media, politicians and government officials
• Understanding of the effects of immigration on DV/FV resources in the province
• Ability to work strictly within a tight budget
• Ability to oversee additional contract positions
• Ability to work within deadlines and submit reports in a timely fashion